The opportunity to attend The Culinary Institute of America will be one of the biggest breadcrumbs I have ever picked up. Throughout my life I have played the role of Hantzel and Gretel, picking up "breadcrumbs" left behind by people before me. Each breadcrumb has challenged me in some way - causing me to rise to the task and learn to push through.
Learning from this, I have also been sure to leave a trail behind me for the next generation to pick up. I can honestly say I am ready to pick up this rather large breadcrumb and add it in my bread bag of life. My culinary experience during my visit to CIA was significant because it established a bar to reach while operating my business and preparing for culinary school. I was so impressed by the complex flavor combinations of the colorful array of macaroons and the perfectly brûléed lemon meringue pie. CIA even had a fresh garden of herbs. This visit broadened my culinary horizons and gave me so much to look forward to learning. I am accepting the challenge on January 27, 2015 and I cannot wait to soak in everything CIA has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment